7 Health Tips for Entrepreneurs
Entrepreneur generally works for themselves and earnings are normally from business
of selling goods or services, instead of salaries or bonuses.
Since entrepreneurship demands more time and effort than being an employee of corporate companies, entrepreneurs normally end up working for 60+ hours in a week and left with little or no time to focus on their health.
Their busy schedule even doesn’t allow them to take proper lunch breaks and they often sit in front of computers/ laptops for hours without taking any short breaks.
By the time they get free, they are so tired and hungry that they eat whatever is available immediately and they end up eating junk food like Vada Pav/ Samosa/ Burgers/ Pizzas etc.
In this article by Nutritionist Prachi , I have tried to provide some simple tips which will help entrepreneurs to stick to Healthy Lifestyle even with their busy schedule
1. Wake Up Early: For some of entrepreneurs, the toughest job is getting out of bed. Waking up early has lots of positive effects on your health. Try to give at least 30 minutes to exercise - it can be anything - morning walk, jogging, swimming, yoga, gym etc. Waking up early also gives you more time to plan your day and prioritise your tasks so that at least you get a time for having your meals on time.
2. Start your day with Luke Warm Lemon water/ Fruits: Most of us start our day with Tea/ Coffee but unfortunately it is not the good drink to start your day. As Tea/ Coffee contains caffeine, our body is not able to absorb vitamins/ minerals and also affects our metabolic system. We should replace it with Luke Warm/ Lime water as it detoxify our digestive system, increases metabolism and boost energy. After around 30 minutes, you should also eat hand full of nuts or seasonable fruits. Fruits are great source of fibres and vitamin C and if eaten in empty stomach, they allow to get full nutritional benefits.
3. Don’t Skip Breakfast: Their is a old saying “Eat Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. If you skip a breakfast, you are bound to feel hungry, and if you are hungry you are bound to grab anything available. So it is always better to have heavy breakfast, so your body is fuelled for full day. Try to eat Protein rich food in breakfast like Eggs, Salad Sandwiches, Moong Chilla, Oats Idli etc but if these things are not possible it can be anything which is prepared in home like Poha, Upma, Paneer/ Parathas etc.
4. Enough water- water is very important to keep you hydrate, maintain body tem, help to reduce weight, flash out toxin and for healthy skin etc. and but many people do not drink enough water. They forgot to drink water. because of their busy schedule. If you are forget to take water. you can set reminder on your phone or you can put water bottle on your desk. In between the meals also you can include as a lemon water, coconut water, aam pana or in juices form.
5. Importance of Lunch for in working life- when you have tight schedule and back to back meetings and did not get time to take lunch on fixed time, try to take small meal on desk. It will help to boost your energy level and also lunch gives your brain energy to think clearly. You should include healthy lunch options on desk like, grilled sandwich with salad, sprouts with buttermilk, grilled panner sandwich,(multigrain bread) panner or veg multigrain roll. With yogurt and fruit bowl.
6. Evening snacks- if you are not able to have proper lunch because of your busy schedule. You can have proper healthy evening snacks. Like moong dosa, poha, idli, egg omelet If your lunch was complete meal than prefer light snacks option like roasted channa, peanut, makhana, or fruit smoothies. Evening snacks reduce dinner hunger and, keep your bmr high and also helps for lighter dinner.
7. Dinner –do not skip dinner, many people skip dinner because they think dinner is not very important or some people take very heavy dinner both options are wrong. You should definitely take dinner try to keep dinner light and protein rich avoid sweets, sugars and refined flours. Healthy dinner options are, stir fried veggies with soup egg whites omelet, lentils soup, grilled chicken, veg daliya, quinoa, preffer any two options.